Invisible text (was: question)

Igor Selivanov iselivanov at glowpoint.com
Wed Mar 17 12:43:18 CST 2004

I am running wine-20040309-0 on Suse 8.1, installed as an rpm.  I am trying to
connect to a game server through a client application.  There are 3 parts to
the interface: chat,play field, and announcements.  The chat pane scrolls
with...well...chat :) including links.  Announcement pane
has...well...announcements.  Also text and links.  Game pane is where you
play - mostly graphics there.  I can see the text in the graphics pane, I can
also see list of players at the table (displayed as text) but i can see NO
announcement text, and no chat text (though I can send, and I can actually
see letters as I type them).  I could see all the letters perfectly fine when
I installed it.  It must be something inside the app that expect something
else that isn't there.  Someone suggested tinkering with the  RichEdit dll,
but I don't know where to start there.

--
Igor Selivanov
iselivanov at glowpoint.com