Printing simply DOES NOT WORK; print dialog just stays open

JLB jlb at twu.net
Fri Mar 19 11:47:01 CST 2004

Hi gang...

I'm using wine-20040213-1rh73winehq.i686.rpm (converted to a .deb, as I
use Debian Stable, a.k.a. Woody).

I'm trying to print a fax in eFax Messenger (you can get a copy of the
eFaxView.exe I'm using from http://jlb.twu.net/eFaxView.exe) and it simply
won't work. The only printer name I can select is "Wine PostScript
Driver", and when I select it, select 'All' pages (or 'Pages 1 to 3' of a
3-page fax) and hit 'OK', THE PRINT DIALOG BOX JUST SITS THERE.

If I hit 'Properties' next to the printer name, likewise, THE PRINT DIALOG
JUST SITS THERE.

If I hit 'Cancel', mercifully, the dialog disappears. ;) But obviously I
get no print...

Whenever I try to print (i.e. hit 'OK'), I see this on stdout/stderr:

fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgA No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandA Update printdlg was not successful!

Also, scope these lines, which appear when the print dialog first pops up:

fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboA Can't find '(null)' in
printer list so trying to find default
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboA Can't find default printer
in printer list
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterA DocumentProperties fails on "Wine
PostScript Driver"

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP I JUST WANT TO PRINT!!!

--
Jessica L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net