DCOM + clean installation

H. Jessen h_jessen at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:26:01 CST 2004

Hello list,

I have a couple of questions:

(1) I have a program that requires me to install DCOM95; but when I try that
I get a message saying 'A newer version of DCOM95 had been installed. To
override, you must uninstall the current version first'.
So now a new program insists that I install DCOM and the DCOM installer
tells me it's already there! Any advice?
I haven't installed DCOM explicly, but I have installed Word.

(2) Sometimes when I mess up my Wine I want to get a fresh installation with
an 'empty' C-drive and a clean registry. How do I do that the easiest way?

Thanks,
H. Jessen