How to debug an app in windows

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 23 11:58:51 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:42:54 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a game (ZooTycoon Demo Version) running in wine but so
> far I cannot put my finger on the problem. My guess is it's something with
> PeekMessageW and the procedures called by it.
>
> I now want to debug this game on windows 2000 Prof to get a trace that
> looks a bit like the +relay one.

On windows such programs are sometimes called spy's. A Google search on
spy+api+windows should return you something.

> How do I do this (or am I even allowed to do this) ?

As long as you are studying the API's you are allowed (at least in Dutch
law). What is not allowed is to take the code and use that in Wine
without violating copyright and trade secret laws.

Rein - not a lawyer.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl