Unvisible fonts

Rick Knight rick at rlknight.com
Wed Mar 24 02:55:58 CST 2004

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

>Am Mit, Mär 24, 2004 at 02:12:35 +0100 schrieb Konrad Klimaszewski:
>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>I have problem with fonts. Some texts in programs running under wine aren't
>>displayed. Problem is mainly with texts that describe some input boxes.
>>There's a screenshot of Skype attached.
>>

>Could be a problem with Rich Text. Copy riched32.dll from a Windows 98
>to windows/system and add it to your DLL-configuration.
>
>Regards
>	Joachim

I had a similar problem with Adobe Photoshop 7 and CXOffice wine. Some
buttons were solid black and some of the menu choices had not text, just
blank space. If I clicked where the text should be it worked.

The solution r my problem was to run X at 24bpp instead of my usual 16bpp.

Rick Knight
(rick at rlknight.com)