Compile error?

Kai OM epimetreus at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 27 01:57:14 CST 2004

Hey folks. First time I've mailed the list, so hopefully this isn't a
really simple question that I should already know.

I downloaded the Wine source into my home directory, using CVS, exactly
as outlined in the Wine documentation, then tried to make it with
./configure && make depend && make

This is the error message I get during compile -- I went back and
manually tried to compile the same code after the make failed to recreate
the error; here are the results:

$ cd /home/morlun/src/wine/dlls/d3d8
~/src/wine/dlls/d3d8$ gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include
-I/usr/X11R6/include -D__WINESRC__ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+
-Wpointer-arith -g -O2 -o directx.o directx.c
directx.c: In function `IDirect3D8Impl_GetDeviceCaps':
directx.c:639: `GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNITS_ARB' undeclared (first use in this
function)
directx.c:639: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
directx.c:639: for each function it appears in.)

The error is the same as when happened during the make, which is to be
expected, but I wanted to make sure my computer wasn't going bonkers
before I asked around.
I just want to know two things: why is this happening, and how do I fix
it?