wine in 2.6 kernel

SaravanaKumar tuxkumar at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 12:31:00 CDT 2004

patrickkuah at netscape.net wrote:
> Before installing IE6, rename the regsvr32.so under /usr/lib/wine to regsvr32.so.2,
delete regsvr32.exe under your "c" windows or system32 directory (sorry,
cant remember the actual dir),
create a soft link from /usr/lib/wine/regsvr32.so.2 to regsvr32.exe (the
dir that you deleted the
file earlier)... This solved ELF error all the times :)
Before installing ie the file i have is regsvr32.so.2. So no neec to
rename it. I created soft link as u said. But still not working. May be
Ivan is right.

Anyway thanx spending some time for this. Please see Ivan's reply for this.

unintentional side effect.             --- Linus Torvalds
--

SK