SOLVED: Re: Runtime Error - abnormal program termination

Lindner lindner_marek at yahoo.de
Sun May 9 12:34:07 CDT 2004

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

>There is no need for paying as they already own windows, don't they?
>Just put an old win98 license in the closet and that's it. I have mine
>unused for years now and one for the laptop (unused) and one for another
>old PC (unused)... shouldn't  be a problem.

Well, they have Windows on every computer but the company is getting
bigger now ...
I will discuss that with the company.

Nevertheless, I got it working - thanks a lot.

May be others can use that information somehow:

1. I started with a clean .wine and edited the config file:

I set "Windows" = "win98", "DOS" = "6.22" (as Joachim suggested) and
<>inserted the following DllOverrides from frankscorner.org:

    [DllOverrides]
    "mshtml" = "native"
    ; For ie6
    "*comctl32" = "builtin"
    ; For Outlook97
    "mapi" = "native, builtin"
    "mapi32" = "native, builtin"
    ; Native dlls needed for various parts of the install
    "ole32" = "native, builtin"
    "compobj" = "native, builtin"
    "ole2" = "native, builtin"
    "ole2nls" = "native, builtin"
    "ole2conv" = "native, builtin"
    "ole2prox" = "native, builtin"
    "ole2thk" = "native, builtin"
    "storage" = "native, builtin"
    "olepro32" = "native, builtin"
    "rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"
    "oleaut32" = "native, builtin"
    "msvcrt" = "native, builtin"
    "wininet" = "native, builtin"
    ; for the ie runonce
    "setupapi" = "native, builtin"
    "devenum" = "native, builtin"
    "quartz" = "native, builtin"
    "urlmon" = "native"
    "shdocvw" = "native, builtin"
    "jscript" = "native, builtin"
    "wintrust" = "native, builtin"
    "shlwapi" = "native, builtin"
    "secur32" = "native, builtin"
    "crypt32" = "native, builtin"
    "ddraw" = "native, builtin"
    ; allow launching user.exe (for Remedy)
    "*user.exe" = "native,builtin"
    ; default for all other dlls
    "*" = "builtin, native"

2. Then I Installed DCOM98 with 'WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32=n" wine
dcom98.exe' (see frankscorner.org) and ran 'wine wineboot'.

3. After that I installed "Immobilienverwaltung" and started it
successfully.

But I'm still not satisfied.   ;-)
The fonts are very small and rather ugly.
I already set "Resolution" = "120" but it doesn't affect all fonts
displayed ?!
I would like to use Windows-Fonts so that the users recognize their
program. I read the Font-Config-HowTo on winehq.org (
http://winehq.org/docs/wine-user.html#CONFIG-FONTS-MAIN ) but it doesn't
explain what I need.
Any ideas or suggestions how to improve the overall Look & Feel ?

Regards,
Marek