Winsock 2

Martin Widmark martin at takeit.se
Wed May 19 10:43:16 CDT 2004

Hi list!

I'm trying to find info on how well winsock 2 works in wine.
The only luck I've had so far is an old wine-howto, that states
that wine only have partial support for winsock 2.

The problem I have is that I'm trying to install the database
client Firebird into my fake-windows. I'm running Fedora core 1 and
currently wine-20040505. The install is halted before it really can start
and I get a message that winsock 2 is missing. I also get a link to
microsofts win95 winsock update page.

Is it possible to trick firebird into think winsock 2 is there?
Or is it a configuration issue? All input apreciated.

Sincerely,
Martin Widmark
AB TakeIT