AutoCADLT2000 and Mandrake10 Official

Frank frank at snapafun.co.nz
Mon May 24 03:09:50 CDT 2004

OK, so I am not sure if this is the place or not, so if wrong please
redirect me to a more helpful place for my inquiry.

I have installed MDK10 Official and it came with it's own Wine. My
interest here is with installing AutoCAD LT 2000 and being able to use
whilst within Linux.

I copied all my system and system32 files over from my WinMe partition,
I downloaded and installed Visual Basic, [not sure if any of this was
needed but figured it wouldn't hurt].

Reading some stuff from Franks Corner I did the following:

config file:

[AppDefaults\\acad.exe\\DllOverrides]
"commctrl" = "native"
"comdlg32" = "native"
"comctl32" = "native"
"shell" = "native"
"shell32" = "native"

I then installed AutoCAD LT 2000 :

Then when I issue:

[root at localhost AutoCAD LT 2000]# wine aclt.exe

<edited till here>
err:module:import_dll No implementation for
acge15.dll.??1AcGeCircArc2d@@QAE at XZ imported from L"C:\\Program
Files\\AutoCAD LT 2000\\aclt.exe", setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:import_dll No implementation for
acge15.dll.?endPoint at AcGeCircArc2d@@QBE?AVAcGePoint2d@@XZ imported from
L"C:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD LT 2000\\aclt.exe", setting to 0xdeadbeef
<edited past here>

And as user and issuing:

[frank at localhost frank]$ wine aclt.exe
wine: cannot find 'aclt.exe

Now I did say I was a newbie didn't I. Though I am happy to learn and be
directed in doing so, things are a little over my head here.

Anyone care to 'take me by the hand?'

Oh yeah, having got this far I also tried to install IE6, But it hangs
at the 84% install progress and I ended up just killing it. So I guess I
will have some cleaning up to do also. [ I went for the customized
install and excluded Outlook Express and Media Player.]

Should anyone care to assist me I will keep a log and post a mini-howto
to get AutoCADLT2000 running on Mandrake10 Official.

And yes, I am prepared to remove Wine and start over.

--
Kind Regards

Frank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213