Issue running 16 bit Application

Adam Bradley adam_j_bradley at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 00:50:46 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Having trouble running a 16 bit application on 20040505 on SuSE9.0.
Application exists without displaying any dialog's - no wine errors!  It was
reporting 'err:ntdll:RtlWaitForCriticalSection section ... "syslevel.c:
Win16Mutex"  ' but after setting 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5'  and
changing the wine config file from WinNT to win98 that error was resolved.

The application in question works happily on Win2k (haven't tried Win98).
So far I've
- installed DCOM98.exe
- installed the Visual C++ libraries
- various fonts and other packages

I've been logging "+all" using WINEDEBUG=+all wine
/home/abradley/.wine/fake_windows/RFW/RFW.EXE &>/home/abradley/RFW-wine.log
I've been advised to search for destroywindow() calls in my log file and
have found a few entries scattered through the log.

For those who are interested, the compressed logfile is at
http://members.optushome.com.au/adambradley/work/wine/RFW-wine-4.zip

If anyone could offer any advice it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Adam