Codeweavers kosher?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri May 28 16:21:26 CDT 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004 12:00:52 -0400, you wrote:

> What I had hoped was that someone here would know of another forum where
> things like a program denying permission to install -- to root! -- would
> be of interest.

I have no moral problems with you asking questions using the Crossover
wine. Just the practical problem that the differences with "real" Wine
are not known to me, and the real possibility that a problem with
Crossover wine may not exist in "real" wine.

Taking that into account, describe this problem more precisely. What
messages do you get from the program, what messages do you get in the
terminal from where you start the program.

Running wine as root is in almost all cases the wrong thing to do. A
program complaining about permissions is in all probability not worrying
about Linux permissions.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes