InstallShield woes

John Williams jwilliams at business.otago.ac.nz
Sat May 29 22:29:28 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 22:23 +0200, Ivan wrote:

> The problem is that to avoid buffer overflow attacks, RH/Fedora loads libraries
> in the low part of the memory, but most windows programs require to be loaded in
> the high part of the memory (Linux sees windows programs in wine as libraries).
> There is a fix in the current CVS version of Wine, you may want to try and
> upgrade. It is reported to work, but you must have both prelink and exec-shield ON.
Thanks Ivan.

I have the wine-20040505 tarball and have compiled it.  Before compiling
I applied the wine-20040505-execshield patch.  Now a few questions:

1. Should I have done that?
2. Should I have applied the other patches?
3. Where is all this documented, so I don't have to hassle you? :-)

Thanks in advance,

John