Direct X - Wine 20040213

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Sun May 30 13:17:12 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ivan. This is consistant with what I learned by reading on the
>> web. I have an app (Acid Pro) that said it needed DX8 so I tried
>> installing it under 20040213. It installed fine but just dies after it
>> starts.
>>
>> I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know much about figuring out why. I
>> guess I'll just have to wait until I hear about the next big jump
>> forward in Direct X support.
>

> In Wine/DirectX "years", 20040213 is almost an antique. The DirectX code
> has really been changing that fast recently. There have already been
> some "big jumps" in Direct X support.

Duane,
    Thanks for the info. I'll try grabbing a more recent version. I had
two versions of wine installed. this one came with Crossover Office, and
an older one that has been good with a certain Linux audio application I
use.

    I don't really know how to keep multiple versions of Wine installed
and happy. Do I just rename .wine directories with unique names? I worry
that if I do that there might be certain configuration entries looking
for .wine instead of .wine-20040213, etc.

    Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

Mark