Performance Issues

Ewert, Mark mark.ewert at intel.com
Sun May 30 14:09:30 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I have a simulation tool that runs under windows NT/2K directly from the
DOS command shell. When running it on a Windows machine I get 200
cycle/s. When running it on Linux via Wine I get ~10 cycle/s. I didn't
realize Wine would have such a negative performance impact. Is there any
way to trace where the performance bottleneck is? I actually don't have
access to the source of the simulation tool, so any optimizations would
have to be done directly in Wine. I should also mention that to get this
application to work with Wine I had to copy over the Microsoft visual
c++ dll: msvcp60.dll. Would this somehow be impacting the execution
performance?