TurboLister & wine

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Mon May 31 10:30:54 CDT 2004

I have been fiddling with eBay's TurboLister for the last year or so,
with no luck thus far getting it to do something even so simple as
*installing*.  I'd like to get some debug information, etc. to pass on
to the Wine developers, but looking at some of the output I've gotten, I
think it may be from some non-implemented features that Turd-bo Lister
needs.

For example, I figure I'll try using the wontInstallShield switch to
extract the files from the package (setup.exe /s), and I get this:

[james at b450 c]$ wine /d/dl.old/Turdbolister.040312.setupUS.exe /s
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken ((nil), (nil)): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken ((nil), 0x48): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken ((nil), (nil)): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:advapi:SetThreadToken ((nil), 0x48): stub (NT impl. only)
fixme:heap:GlobalMemoryStatusEx we should emulate the 4GB bug here, as
per MSDN
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000001): stub, harmless.
fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Transacted mode not implemented.
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (1): stub!
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (1): stub!
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000000): stub, harmless.
fixme:heap:GlobalMemoryStatusEx we should emulate the 4GB bug here, as
per MSDN
fixme:ole:_xread Read only 0 of 4 bytes from 0x80.
fixme:ole:_StubReaderThread Failed with hres 80004005

I'm thinking this is such a stubborn, PITA package to deal with, the
Wine developers should use it as an extreme test case.  After all, it's
a free download; if it ever got to a point where it would actually
install, & run the tutorial without crashing, testing the actual editing
& online usage could be left to people with eBay sellers accounts.

http://pages.ebay.com/turbo_lister/

PS: I suspect the developers only have one test machine to test their
builds on, as even under Windows it doesn't want to install on a system
which has been modified/customized too much.