Installing Explorer: Which Windows version does Wine emulate?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon May 31 15:18:33 CDT 2004

Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> I'm trying to download IE6 full, and the installer ask for a specific
> Windows version. This is the selection window I'm seeing:
>
> Type of system to install on:
> [x] Windows 98
> [ ] Windows NT
> [ ] Windows 2000 and Windows XP
> [ ] Windows Millenium
>
> Which one should I select?
>
> BTW, I'm doing this because the normal "net" installation failed to go
> through a web proxy. Even if I correctly specify the proxy's host and
> port when it fails.
>
> Thanks!

Nicolas,
    I just failed horribly at all of the same things so take my input
with a grain of salt. In the Wine config file there is an option that is
commented out that says which version you want to emulate. I would guess
that you should make that option and the one you download match.

Good luck,
Mark