[Wine]Wine 20041019 - Error Installing XviD (log + errors included)

Ken Garland garlandkr at gru.net
Wed Nov 3 06:21:47 CST 2004

When I try to install DCOM98.EXE it says there is a newer version of dcom
installed on my computer and quits. I did a locate and found:

/usr/lib/wine/lib/wine/rpcrt4.dll.so

There are many ole* files in there as well. When you say 'run your program
with native dll's' are you saying there is a switch I need to put in wine
before running the install program? Like WINEDLLOVERRIDES=, I've never
used the environment variables in wine before - do I just 'export
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="rpcrt4.dll"' ? Thanks for the help.