[Wine]Quicken fonts

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:08:16 CST 2004

Yeah, sorry. That's clearly too much stuff to find what you are
looking for. My idea was that possibly you don't have a specific font
installed that Quicken is looking for so Wine is having to do some
sort of substitution for it. If you're up for it you might try
something more like:

WINEDEBUG=warn+font wine quicken

or

WINEDEBUG=err+font wine quicken

My thought was that you could click that specific button and maybe get
some output in the script file that would tell you what you are
missing.

Maybe you should try this with some of the simple canned Wine apps -
wine notepad, wine winecfg  - and see if they have any trouble with
fonts. It would be much easier to find this on a smaller app than
quicken.

I'm an uber-beginner here so please don't take anything I'm saying as
particularly valid or intelligent.

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:39:06 -0600, Marc Williams <marcw at onlymooo.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:54:50 -0600, Marc Williams <marcw at onlymooo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Very small.  And for me, virtually unreadable.  They certainly look much
> >>better, and bigger, in real Windows.  Any suggestions?
> >>

> > This is all a guess. Take it for what it's worth. I was going to
> > suggest that you run Quicken in the wine debugger trapping fonts
> >
> > script q2001-fonts
> > WINEDEBUG=+font wine quicken
> >
> > run for awhile, then close Quicken.
> >
> > exit script and then take a look at the script file. Possibly you'll
> > find some info about font substitutions that will guide you toward
> > what fonts are missing, etc. and then you can adjust from there.
> >
> > All a guess though. This is the sort of stuff I've been doing. Hasn't
> > produced a lot of good results, but I've seen a few interesting
> > things.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> This produces quite the prodigious output.  Frankly, I wouldn't have a
> clue where to start looking for an answer in the resulting 53MB file.
> You mentioned substitutions so here is one output (sorry about any poor
> wrapping):

<SNIP>