[Wine]How to make C drive to point to /usr/share/wine-c

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 23:04:15 CST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:43:46 -0800, Saravanan <saravananv at erdcitvm.org> wrote:
> But by this method, manually, I have to create symlink to "c" drive for each
> user. isn't it ?.  I want  it to be inbuild in wine so that, for any user by
> just typing the command wine, the sysmlink to /usr/share/wine-c should be
> automatically created.
>
> Saravanan

But that's not the 'standard' that the Wine folks have decided on. In
the current implementation when you type wine --version, the .wine
directory is created and drive_c is created underneath, as is the link
to it. Everything is under .wine, which is simple.

Why do you want it at /usr/share? And nothing stops you from doing
that. Jsut make the link in dosdevices as I showed earlier and it's
ready to go.

- Mark