[Wine] running OrCAD with wine

Joaquín Fernández joaquin at casadealabanza.org
Fri Nov 5 11:16:52 CST 2004

 >Hi

 >I'm evaluating Eagle, but at first look it seems very "simple".  I continue to
 >learn and evaluate it but it take quite a lot of time.

 >Instead I would start as soon as possible with Linux and one solution would be
 >OrCAD (that I know well) running with WinE.

I have used Eagle several times and it is very good program (in windows, the GUI of program is more
nice than Linux :s). I have been able to make many small designs with it. In Linux there are some
apps for electronics, gEDA is a good tools and PCB too. You can read the follow article
http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/PCB/gEDA-PCB.html.

But if you want OrCAD, please debug the program and post the output from debugger, may be we can
help you.

Regards

Joaquín