[Wine]WINE audio drivers

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 10:26:44 CST 2004

nx12 wrote:

>Somebody knows how do I set wineoss.drv or winealsa.drv to use the second
>sound card instead of the first one?
>Currently I'm using winearts.drv, but want to get rid of arts, cause wine is
>the only one on my box using it.
>
>Thanks.

For the wineoss driver and Direct Sound: go into the config
file and find the [dsound] section.  I should look like this:

[dsound]
;; HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to mix in new buffers.
;"HELmargin" = "5"
;; HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to queue to driver.
;"HELqueue" = "5"
;; Max number of fragments to prebuffer
;"SndQueueMax" = "28"
;; Min number of fragments to prebuffer
;"SndQueueMin" = "12"
;; Forces emulation mode (using wave api)
;"HardwareAcceleration" = "Emulation"
;; Sets default playback device (0 - number of devices - 1)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "0"        ; use first device (/dev/dsp)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "1"        ; use second device (/dev/dsp1)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "2"        ; use third device (/dev/dsp2)
;; Sets default capture device (0 - number of devices - 1)
;"DefaultCapture" = "0"         ; use first device (/dev/dsp)
;"DefaultCapture" = "1"         ; use second device (/dev/dsp1)
;"DefaultCapture" = "2"         ; use third device (/dev/dsp2)

Uncomment (remove the ;) from the "DefaultPlayback" = "1" line.