[Wine]Direct X setup question

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 16:21:47 CST 2004

Compare the registry entries on the various machines
for the DirectX version...  I ran into a similar issue
trying to get Sonar XL 2.0 installed; installing on
one machine told me my DirectX wasn't installed and
the other gave me no grief.  Basically, I (eventually)
realized that at one point, I used frankcorner.org's
registry file on one of the machines; in his registry,
 a different version of DirectX is listed.  You may
need to hack the registry entry.

Of course, I don't think there is a standard for a
program to check the DirectX version.  Again, using
Cakewalk/ Sonar as an example, if you try to install
it on a real Windows box with DirectX 9.0a, you will
get an error saying that DirectX is not installed.
That's simply because the application came out before
DX9 even existed.  So, Cakewalk had to put out a
program that allowed people with DX9 to install their
software.

Hiji

=====
M-Halo: It's Electronic Rock - http://www.mhalo.com/