[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Sat Nov 20 13:46:29 CST 2004

Duane Clark wrote:

> (Please respond to the list, rather than only to me)
>
> John McKee wrote:

> > I had an older version of wine working.  I think it was wine-20040615, but
> > can't recall.  I was able to (partially) use CompuServe software from a few
> > years ago.  The ole component didn't work, but I was able to check mail.
> > Sound worked at that point as well, as I received a voice message at the
> > start and end of the session (the famous "You have mail", as well).
> >
> > After upgrading to wine20041019, I cannot run that coftware anymore.  I
> > receive errors about missing DLLs (see below).  Do I have to do something
> > beyond copying Windows DLLs to Windows\System and Windows\System32?
>
> Normally that is all that is needed for the DLLs listed below.
>
> > Were DLLs that I had previously copied replaced during the upgrade?
> >
> > Line 105: Malformed value name '"CS3COR.DLL"     'native, builtin"'
>
> Take a close look at your ~/.wine/config file. There is apparently a
> typo somewhere.
>
> > err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
> > L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3COR.DLL") not found
>
> If you have those installed in the Windows directory, then maybe
> whatever is messed up in the config file is somehow causing the problem.

It never ceases to amaze me how something obvious can be unnoticed until kindly
pointed out by somebody else.  The CS3COR DLL issue was just exactly that,
poorly typed, with incorrect syntax.

So, I tried running the app again.  CS3CORR.DLL was never in either
Windows\System or Windows\System32.  The installer put it (along with other
custom DLLs) into the application directory.

I tried the following, and the CS3COR DLL is still not found.  Maybe this is
incorrect syntax as well?

WINEDLLPATH=/home/home/wine/c/CServe/CS3 wine CS3

That is the loaction where the custom DLLs are located.

John McKee