[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Sun Nov 21 02:40:04 CST 2004

Duane Clark wrote:

> John McKee wrote:
> > Duane Clark wrote:
> >

> >>(Please respond to the list, rather than only to me)

> >>If you have those installed in the Windows directory, then maybe
> >>whatever is messed up in the config file is somehow causing the problem.

> > So, I tried running the app again.  CS3CORR.DLL was never in either
> > Windows\System or Windows\System32.  The installer put it (along with other
> > custom DLLs) into the application directory.
> >

> You are misinterpreting the message. CS3CORR was found ok. But CS3CORR
> is trying to use MFC42, and that is the one not being found (along with
> several others). It is MFC42 and company that you need installed in the
> windows directory.
>
> CS3CORR can be left in the application directory, and nothing needs to
> be added to the config file to find it. In general, if there is not a
> Wine equivalent for a DLL, then Wine will expect to find a real windows
> DLL, and will print the above message if it cannot.

I must still have some configuration issue.  When I try to run the application
now, I get this:

[jmmckee at server CS3]$ wine CS3
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3COR.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3COR.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library CS3COR.DLL (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3.exe" failed, status c0000135

But, here is directory showing info on MFC42:

[jmmckee at server System]$ pwd
/home/home/wine/c/Windows/System
[jmmckee at server System]$ ls -l |grep [Mm][Ff][Cc]
-rw-r--r--    1 jmmckee  users      940304 Nov 20 21:11 mfc42.dll
-rw-r--r--    1 jmmckee  users      995383 Sep 26  1998 MFC42.DLL

and in ~/.wine.config, I have this:

"mfc42"         = "native, builtin"

So what do I need, and where should it be?  In the above case, there are two
versions of MFC42.  Is wine getting confused?  Which one should I keep, and
should it stay in windows\system?

Is something else potentially wrong?

Thanks for assistance.

John McKee