[Wine]Callus, Mame and other emulators

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Thu Nov 25 13:26:27 CST 2004

Mátételki Dénes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to play with snes, arcade and other retro games, but unfortunatelly
> there isn't any linux emus for this.

This is not true. I use Snes9x and ZSNES native; I also use FakeNES,
FCEUltra and TuxNES (there are a few more NES emulators available
native, but I don't remember which ones offhand), ScummVM (for old
LucasArts games using the SCUMM engine), and while I don't play any MAME
games, there are definitely native MAME emulators available, as well as
C64 emulators and ATARI and Amiga emulators, not to mention DOS
emulators like DOSbox, Bochs, and DOSemu.

So before attempting to debug this, perhaps you should check your
distribution's repository more closely, as I think that emulating an
operating system to run a program to emulate a console might just be
going too far ;-).

Hope this helps.

Holly