[Wine]COM port for weatherstation

Renate Rosner renate.rosner at ati.es
Sun Nov 28 15:21:55 CST 2004

Hi,

we are running some Debian-linux boxes and want to run a
Feger-weatherstation under wine to get the weatherdata directly on the
same server as our semi-public weather web (http//81.33.7.96).
I installed wine (version is now 0.0.20040713/1.3) under Debian sarge
and then the Feger software. My windows partition was an empty FAT32
partition.

I cannot get the COM port working and I do not know how to react on the
wine FIXME messages (actually I only use the binaries and install with
apt/get the Debian packages).
When I start the Feger software I get the following messages:

fixme:commctrl:InitCommonControlsEx Unknown class! dwICC=0x8000
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 500 outsize 500 unimplemented stub

Trying to define the problem of the COM port, we connected 2 PCs and
installed a ser_test.exe under wine and so we have seen, that we can
read from the port but not send. Here the message was:

fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 32768 outsize 1024 unimplemented stub

Any proposals how to proceed?

Kind regards,
Renate Rosner