Fwd: Re: [Wine]re:re:HELP

richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 10:39:00 CDT 2004

David Jones wrote:
> Hmm, as someone who made a living as a technical writer who mainly wrote
> user documentation ... I too find the standard Linux documentation (what
> is commonly available online and/or comes with Linux) I've read not very
> accessible for newbies. It makes many assumptions about the readers'
> background knowledge.

I agree with that, Its very hard to write documentation at a level that's easy to understand, but
not offensive to those with some knowledge.

The main observation I have is the more knowledgeable a person becomes the harder it is for them to
communicate. There is a lot to be said for proof reading by a novice.

However, the posting that started this thread the standard of English was poor, and could be
interpreted in many ways.

Richard