[Wine]Setting default or startup directory for win32 program

Matthew L Reed Matty at zootal.com
Sun Oct 10 20:44:38 CDT 2004

I'm trying to run a program, hlds.exe, which is the windows half-life
server. So far, the only way to get it to start is to use the windows
program TotalCommander and start it from there (TotalCommander is a
NortonCommander clone). In TC, it shows me a C: drive, and a Z: drive, where
the Z: drive appears to be mapped to \

If I try to start it from within Konqueror, or create a link on the desktop,
it gives an error that basically means it's not in the correct directory.
Does the concept of default directory apply here? If this was Windows, the
problem would be that it's startup directory is wrong, although I created
the link in the proper directory. So, I'm thinking that I just don't know
how to specify the correct startup directory.

So, my question is, how do I start a win32 app with wine and force/specify a
startup directory?