[Wine]Re: wine-20040914

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 11 14:46:40 CDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:41:27 -0400, you wrote:

> On Monday 11 October 2004 12:10 pm, (v)3TH <l1quidm3th at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I personaly favor source over prebuilt, but i run slackware .. I havnt
> > a clue why config isnt guessin your arch, but usually when i get a
> > config.h error, it has something to do with kernel headers or glib .
> > This is just me and adding my 2 cents in , it migh help out.. If you
> > could copy and paste your whole error or send it to my email and i
> > could take a look .. Cant promise anything, been i had alot of probs
> > with mandrake .. good luck
>
> Well, here is what you asked for:
>
> [john]: 08:54 PM  [~/Documents/wine-20040914]
> $ ./configure
> checking build system type... tools/config.guess: unable to guess system type
> .
> .****lines deleted
>
> configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

This "guessing" is done by a script tools/config.guess. This is a
standard gnu tools script afaik. If you run this directly, is anything
output? And what could be strange about your setup?

> *******  Now I do it again by specifying build type
>
> [john]: 09:00 PM  [~/Documents/wine-20040914]
> $ ./configure --build=i586
> checking build system type... i586-pc-none
> checking host system type... i586-pc-none
> .
> .*** there are umpteen lines deleted
> .
> config.status: executing windows commands

It looks like it is configured to build wine on Windows. Try with
specifying --build=i586-pc-linux-gnu

(remove config.status to be sure it doesn't get cached)

> Interesting observation: The missing config.h is in the form of 'config.h.in' in the dir ../include

If all is well config.h is created from config.h.in.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl