[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Oct 13 11:46:23 CDT 2004

M-Halo wrote:
>>In fact, by default Wine no longer creates
>>a ~/.wine/config in
>>a new installation, though you can create one
>>manually and add entries
>>to it.
>

> I'm not too sure about this.  I compile from source (I
> don't use RPMs), and with every install, it has
> created the .wine directory, softlinks to my drives, a
> fake windows directory, and a config file.  This was
> true on 20040914 as well (because I didn't create
> them). :S
>
> Hiji

This is WRT wine-20040914...

I installed yesterday from an RPM. When the RPM has completed it's
installation there is no .wine directory in any user's home directory.
How could there be since RPM doesn't know which users want or need one.
I think this is proper system behaviour.

When I run a support program, like winecfg, if the .wine directory does
not exist then it creates it. If I erase the .wine directory and run
winecfg a second time it will create it a second time. However, running
winecfg and creating the .wine directory NEVER creates .wine/config. I
had to get a default copy from the documentation/samples directory.
Please see 'man wine.conf'.

This seems pretty important to do since it says that Wine expects a
config file to exist. If doing the istallation from source does this
automatically, then it does it for you, but it doesn't do it for your
wife/girlfriend/etc... They still need to do this by hand.

I noted yesterday that the default config file includes no definitions
for Windows drives. I had to start adding those by hand.

I am currently studying the differences between the environment that
Crossover office set up for me and the environment winecfg sets up for
me. The differences appear to be vast.

I do not know how to evaluate the differences in the two environment's
registerys yet. Unde Wine-RPM system.reg is currently 171KB. Under CXO
system.reg is almost 4MB!!!