[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Oct 13 12:42:03 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>

>> This is WRT wine-20040914...
>>
>> I installed yesterday from an RPM. When the RPM has completed it's
>> installation there is no .wine directory in any user's home directory.
>> How could there be since RPM doesn't know which users want or need
>> one. I think this is proper system behaviour.
>>
>> When I run a support program, like winecfg, if the .wine directory
>> does not exist then it creates it. If I erase the .wine directory and
>> run winecfg a second time it will create it a second time. However,
>> running winecfg and creating the .wine directory NEVER creates
>> .wine/config. I had to get a default copy from the
>> documentation/samples directory. Please see 'man wine.conf'.
>>
>> This seems pretty important to do since it says that Wine expects a
>> config file to exist. If doing the istallation from source does this
>> automatically, then it does it for you, but it doesn't do it for your
>> wife/girlfriend/etc... They still need to do this by hand.
>

> You don't necessarily need the config file any more. There are plenty of
> people using Wine without any config file at all. The documentation is,
> as is often the case in the Linux universe, out of date.

OK, so I wouldn;t know how to address the issue at hand then. If I run
Wine without a config file, and if that default and unchangable, method
of using wine won't correctly run the Quicken 2004 installer, then what
are we supposed to do?

Again, the CXO installation correctly runs the Quicken 2004 installer
and installs the program. The program runs, but has a problem. I want to
test the newest version of Wine to see if the problem has been addressed.

what's a poor boy to do?