[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 13:02:14 CDT 2004

> 1) the drive path definitions got moved into
> softlinks
>
> Can you explain this a bit more? I added old style
> 'hard' definitions for my preferred Windows drives

Basically, the definition for the drives in the config
file is gone (like what you previously described).
Instead, under .wine/dosdevices/ , softlinks have been
placed pointing to your different drives.  I'm not
sure how this is set up in an RPM, but building from
source, the softlinks are set up automatically.  I,
however, do go in and add one more for my fat-32
partition.  With this, I just navigate to
.wine/dosdevices/ and type in:
> ln -s [drive path] [softlink name]

I'm not sure how backwards compatible the newer Wine
builds are with older config files since I do a fresh
install with each new build; so, I can't really answer
to that.  Also, with most things in the Linux world,
there really isn't any documentation I can point you
to except to do a > man ls .  (I guess that's what
happens when one is busy coding away.) :)

> 2) the registry format changed.
> Bummer - what does that mean to a user like me?

It shouldn't mean much really.  It's just that the
format is different.  If you're an end-user, it should
be transparent.  Personally, I always thought the
change in the registry format would mean trouble when
using an old format with a newer Wine, but I'm reading
on this list that it really hasn't affected people.

Hope that helps...
Hiji