[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Oct 13 13:10:55 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>

>> OK, I have no reason to distrust you, but all I read here pixels
>> pretending to be emails from the Wild West of the Internet. One
>> gunslinger tells me do it this way. Another gunslinger tells me do it
>> that way.
>

> As I mentioned, these changes are very new, so any information more than
> a month or so old is suspect.
>

>> What's a user supposed to do? RTFM? I did. It's wrong? Bummer...
>

> Well, that is why the Wine ANNOUNCE file, in the second sentence, says
> "This is still a developers only release". When significant changes like
> this are happening, the docs fall behind. Presumably, they will
> eventually catch up.
>
> You could always speed up the process by making corrections to the docs.
> Anyone can submit patches.

What Wine ANNOUNCE file? I installed from an RPM provided via the WineHQ
site. rpm -Uvh wine-20040914-... Maybe I missed a message when RPM was
running, but I don't know anything as a user about an ANNOUNCE file.

Those building from source very posibly do, and this by itself could be
a good reason to do that.

I will be happy to supply eithe patches to docs or new docs as I learn
things.

>>> That won't do any good. Wine will ignore drive definitions in the
>>> config file. Drives are now defined by symbolic links in
>>> ~/.wine/dosdevices.
>>

>> OK, but running wine regedit did pay attention to what I was putting
>> into .wine/config. If I added a definition then it showed up in browse
>> dialogs and the like, so what am I supposed to do/trust/take for my
>> headache?
>>

> Hmm, are you sure about that? I just tried it here, and Wine completely
> ignored any definitions added to the config file.

I'm no longer sure about anything but most likely I was wrong. My
machine is complicated:

Gentoo:
CXO - Ver. 3.0.1
WineX
Wine-20040505 from source to run jack_fst

FC2:
RPM wine-20040914

I wanted to leave my Quicken installation alone under Gentoo and do
everything new under Fedora. I figured it would be a better test since
there should be no conflicts. I may have mistaken where I'm doing
things. I was booted into Gentoo earlier this morning but have jsut
changed over to Fedora. Let's just do a reset and move forward.

Thanks