[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:34:50 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
>>Duane Clark wrote:
>>
>>>You don't necessarily need the config file any more. There are plenty
>>>of people using Wine without any config file at all.
>

> And just because there are 'pleanty of people using Wine without any
> config file at all' doesn't mean that a single one of them is able to
> install and run Quicken...
>
> Just my 2 worthless cents...

Well, unfortunately, probably no Wine developers have Quicken 2004. It
sounds like that is a problem new to this version of Quicken, since
people with older versions have claimed to not have the problem.

I agree that nothing I have said will help you to get Quicken to work.
Without having the program on my machine, I doubt that I would be able
to debug the problem you are having. It may be possible that using a
Windows native DLL for whatever generates the reports might help. But I
have no idea what ones to suggest.

As a completely wild guess, perhaps it uses the richedit DLL (I don't
know what the window looks like; it is just a formatted text window)? If
that, then you might be able to use a Windows native DLL. And this is a
case where you would create a config file and add something like (I
don't really know which riched line would be right):
[AppDefaults\\quicken.exe\\DllOverrides]
"riched" = "native,builtin"
"riched20" = "native,builtin"
"riched32" = "native,builtin"

You would of course need the corresponding real Windows DLL in your
windows/system directory.