[Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Oct 13 15:54:43 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Duane Clark wrote:
>>
>>> ..
>>> Well, unfortunately, probably no Wine developers have Quicken 2004.
>>> It sounds like that is a problem new to this version of Quicken,
>>> since people with older versions have claimed to not have the problem.
>>

>> No, actually this problem has existed for quite  long time. I've seen
>> it in ne form or another since Quicken 2001 and Wine circa 2002.
>> However it was tolerable (for me) under earlier versions of Quicken,
>> but has worsend under the newest CXO release and Quicken 2004.
>>

> Well, I have a copy of Quicken 2002 Deluxe. I don't really know how to
> use it though. If you can describe in moderate detail how to cause the
> problem, I could take a look and maybe figure out the bug.
>
> As a quick test, I had some money entered in a checking account. I went
> to Reports & Graphs, and select an Account Balances report. That at
> least showed up ok.

Try doing a custom transactions report. Ask Quicken to tell you all the
transactions for a certain categoy that you use in your checks. For
instance, I have a monthly stipend for working on Linux from someone. I
catagorize that as Computer:Linux Eval. (Linux Eval is a sub-category) I
deposit money with that category, and when I spend money against it I
use the same category. The transactions report would tell me money in
minus money out and let me know if I have money to spend. This report
will not generate in Q2004PE. It used to work in Q2001, as I remember
it. It worked in Q2004PE under a previous release of CXO. In my current
setup it jsut doesn't work. When I try it

1) Quicken and the report window immediately minimize. this happens all
the time.

2) When I bring Quicken back form the task bar so that I can see it the
most common occurace is that the report window comes up, but it has a
black interior. The report window cannot be dismissed. To kill it I have
to exit Q2004PE.

2a) Sometimes the report window will not come back up. It appear stuck,
minimized on the taskbar.

If it matters I'm a fluxbox user. My new FC2 environment has Gnome and
fluxbox so I can try more options there.

thanks,
Mark