[Wine]Cluster size not supported

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 15 02:51:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:15:36 +0200, you wrote:

> On my system, I get :
>
> charpent at yod:~$ wine ./fds.exe 'c:\'
> ret 1 gle 0
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 4096 freeclust 105829 totalclust 524287
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 1000 freeclust 19d65 totalclust 7ffff
> Wine exited with a successful status
>
> Isn't the "ret 1" suspicious ?

No, it is the return value of GetDiskFreeSpace() and it means "success".

Also the values seem to be correct: 105829 clusters * 4096 bytes/cluster
is 433 MB (1MB = 1000000 bytes).

What can go wrong is that the freecluster number do no fit in a 16 bit
value as you see on the line with the hex values. Somewhere in your
program, or in wine, a truncation may have taken place.

I would like to see the output of your program run like:

WINEDEBUG=+relay,+volume wine ... &>winedebug.log

If the resulting winedebug.log after bzip2'ing is small enough send it
by email, otherwise search through it for the GetDiskFreeSpace line and
cut the lines around it.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes