[Wine]Cluster size not supported

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 15 02:15:36 CDT 2004

Hi !

I have a problem trying to install Dragon Naturally Speaking : the
installation aborts at first stage with the installer complaining that I
have not enough free space for installation (it asks for 40 Mb, while I
have 420 Mb free on the target partition)

perusing the wine-user list (through gmane), I found this thread which
might be related.

Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:42:18 +0200, you wrote:

[ Snip ... ]

> Well I tried on a system with Reiserfs (version 3.6, kernel 2.6.8.1) and
> current cvs wine. It just works (installing dcom98). Lilo.conf contains
> lba32.
>
> If you still want to continue, we will have to debug the
> GetDiskFreeSpace function.
>
> There is a little test program at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~rklazes/temp/fds.exe.gz that reports the output of
> this function. You use it as
>
> wine fds 'c:\'

[ Re-Snip... ]

On my system, I get :

charpent at yod:~$ wine ./fds.exe 'c:\'
ret 1 gle 0
sectpclust 1 bytpersect 4096 freeclust 105829 totalclust 524287
sectpclust 1 bytpersect 1000 freeclust 19d65 totalclust 7ffff
Wine exited with a successful status

Isn't the "ret 1" suspicious ?

Sincerely,

					Emmanuel Charpentier