[Wine]Wine question - sort of... program that ran now crashes

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:41:34 CDT 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:06:14 -0700, Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> ><SNIP>
> > Well, the problem is in my original email. A long list of this error.
> >
> > err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
> > addr 0xb7942bd2
> > err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
> > addr 0xb7942bd2
> > (repeated many times)
> > err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
> > addr 0xb7942bd2
> > err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
> > addr 0xb7942bd2
> >

> > It worked earlier. I did some system updates which in the end included
> > things like glib, glibc and xorg. These changes were supplied by their
> > versions going stable in Gentoo's portage. I backed out of xorg and
> > went back to the old version until I understand this. I've just backed
> > out of glib and glibc.
>
> I doubt those errors are the result of registry entries/config file
> entries. There must be something else going on, though I have no idea what.

OK, I backed out Gentoo's updates of both glib and glibc. Now jack_fst
and the Windows VST called Battery are working fine. So, while I know
glib and glibc are pretty major things, I've also been told that I
should not have to recompile programs due to a change. Is this true?

Do I need to recompile Wine each time these things change?