[Wine]problems in the install microsoft office 2000 with wine

Fei Li bioinformatics2005 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Oct 17 03:07:46 CDT 2004

My systems is rh9, I installed the latest wine
(20040914), with a RPM package downloaded from
http://rpm.pbone.net/.

when I execued "wine setup.exe" (Note: it is in the
hardware, not in CDROM.  I am not for sure whether it
is a problem).  The following errors occured.

fixme:msi:MsiEnableLogA 00000516
"c:\\windows\\temp\\Office 2000 Premium
Setup(0008)_MsiExec.txt" 00000000
fixme:msi:MsiInstallProductW L"/I" L""
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80004005!
Installation of /I () failed.

I downloaded dcom98.exe form mcirosoft web, and
execued "wine dcom98.exe".  The following errors
occured.

A winodws jumped out with error:

"A newer version of Dcom95 or DCOM98 had been
installed.
To override, you must uninstall the current version
first"

and then after press OK, anoter error appear in the
shell.

err:module:load_builtin_dll loaded .so for
L"setupx.dll" but got L"setupapi.dll"instead -
probably 16-bit dll

I tried to install "wine InstMsiA.exe", it said:

fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to 0x44
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to 0x44
Installation of /regserver () failed.
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to (nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set
ThreadImpersonationToken handle to 0x44
Installation of /unregserver () failed.

Interestingly, I found there is a file in the
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/Installer/InstMsi0/msiexec.exe,
 it looks like msi installer file.

So, I execued "wine msiexec.exe setup.exe".  The error
changed to :

fixme:msi:MsiInstallProductW L"setup.exe" L""
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030050!
Installation of setup.exe () failed.

I do not know what I can do now???   Lots of people
installed the microsoft office 2000 with wine in
Liunx, why I can not??

Please give me some suggestions.  Thanks.

BTW: I know crossover office is very excellent.

Fei Li