[Wine]Debugging advice

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 18 04:54:12 CDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:03:23 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> Hi Rein,
>
> Thanks.  I think that "watch" ought to do something like what I wanted,
> but it doesn't seem to work: no matter what watch point I ask for, winedbg
> always says it's at the same address, and I don't actually get a break
> when that address gets changed.
>
> Wine-dbg>watch *0x0041a5e0
> Watchpoint 1 at 0x405ae8c4
>
> Have I misunderstood what a watchpoint does?  I expected that "watch
> *0x0041a5e0" would set something like a breakpoint, pulling up a debugger
> prompt whenever anything got written to memory location 0x0041a5e0.

That is what I too think a watch point does. It certainly used to work,
but I haven't used it lately. Are you sure that this address gets
written to? It looks like it is in your programs code segment, so it
won't be written to.

> I think I have found the other bug that stops this app from working, but
> as you said that should go to the devel list.

These debugger questions belong there as well, imho.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl