[Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Wed Oct 20 05:36:20 CDT 2004

Rob Hughes wrote:

> <>
>

>When I type quit in the debugger, I immediately get a dialog saying the
>installation failed and there's no executable. So... I'm pretty sure it
>really does fail. Glad it's working for you though. Just annoying that I
>did this a couple of weeks ago, and it worked using this same method.

That's a "stumper."  I see that the October snapshot just got released.
I'll be able to do a regression now to find out when this started.
Unless you need a feature of a recent change to wine, my research tells
me that IE6 is OK as late as the September snapshot.  The Help Engine,
which is what I need, doesn't work, though, unless you use a "fake
windows" created from a version of wine before 20040824 16:00:00 CDT.

I found that as of the cvs update yesterday morning, IE6 generates a
"first chance" exception when running winedbg.  But if you can't even
get it installed that won't help.

I don't have any other suggestions and it doesn't look like anyone else
is going to "bite" here.  You might be able to get some more suggestions
at Linux Questions.org--it's a pretty good forum.

Good luck.

Dan