[Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Wed Oct 20 05:56:05 CDT 2004

Rob Hughes wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 06:20 -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:When I type quit in the debugger, I immediately get a dialog saying theinstallation failed and there's no executable. So... I'm pretty sure itreally does fail.

Just got to thinking about what I posted a couple of minutes ago.  There
is a dim memory of my having the same experience that you're having a
couple of weeks ago.  I don't expect to have to relive these frustrating
moments so I don't keep good notes to go back to.  However, I think that
I do remember not being able to install IE6 starting some time in late
September or early October.

One thing that I do remember doing is removing the "ie-6," right name
(?), directory from /tmp.  Also, there were some other files "IX00*" I
think.  I removed them, copied the CAB's into my fake windows directory
and re-ran the script.  I ended up downloading ie6setup.exe again, but
it installed.

Hope this memory is correct and I hope it helps.

Good luck.

Dan