[Wine]Corel Draw 11

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 20 10:24:49 CDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:20:53 +0100, you wrote:

> I noticed that several of the source code FTP mirror sites listed on
> http://www.winehq.com/site/download
> were broken, but have now upgraded to the latest and greatest. The
> problems appear unchanged, there is just an extra warning now:
>
> "This version of Wine was compiled without support for color management
> functions. This means many color functions are empty stubs and you
> should
> expect your application to fail. To enable Wine to use LittleCMS for
> color
> management please install a liblcms development package version 1.13 or
> higher and rebuild Wine.
> http://www.littlecms.com"
>
> I can fetch and build that if necessary...

I do not think it will solve your problems, OTOH a program like this
might benefit the availability of CMS.

Did you try a native comctl32.dll?

> > Drawing defects are extremely difficult to debug remotely, it looks that
> > maybe some very level drawing algorithms are not completely accurate.
> > Perhaps you can supply a screen shot when zooming in to this pixel
> > noise. I'm actually amazed how far you have come.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you need in addition to
> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~sjoh1127/CorelDraw.tif
> Can you explain a little bit more if you want something else?

I would like to see that picture but at a different zoom factor, say
400%. If the problem is in the low level drawing code the "noise" will
be (relatively to the drawing) less. If the problem is with the text
glyphs the noise will be relatively the same.

> Finally, I should mention that the very first time a picture is drawn
> (after the file opens), the text looks OK. I agree that it looks like
> some small inconsistency in the wine drawing code???

When/how does it get polluted?

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes