[Wine]Need help with prelink and exec-shield

Zhang Lin-bo zlb at lsec.cc.ac.cn
Thu Oct 21 03:41:48 CDT 2004

Hi,

I was using Inno Setup 4 (http://www.jrsoftware.org/) under wine to
create a win32 installer. Apart from some minor locale related issues,
everything worked fine. But when I tried to change the icon image of the
installer (by uncommenting line 17 of test.iss in the attached example),
I got the following error message:

err:virtual:map_image Image was mapped at 0x76360000: standard load address for a Win32 program (0x00400000) not available
err:virtual:map_image Do you have exec-shield or prelink active?
Error on line 17 in F:\toto\isetup\test.iss: Resource update error: BeginUpdateResource failed (1)(87)
Compile aborted.

I have searched the Internet and tried everything told on disabling
prelink or exec-shield without success. Can anybody tell me how to
get this program to work? My system is FC2 kernel 2.6.9 (I also tried
the FC2's 2.6.8-1.521 kernel). My version of wine is cvs-20041019
compiled by myself.

Thanks in advance.

LB