[Wine]Failed to expand "group" constant

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 21:16:43 CDT 2004

I used to get the 'failed to expand 'group' constant' error with
earlier versions of wine, but I think this bug is fixed in the latest
version.  What version of wine are you running?  wine --version.

Any debug output is printed to the terminal in which you run wine.  To
put this output into a file,

wine setup.exe >& setup.log

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:44:53 -0400 (EDT), garlandkr at gru.net
<garlandkr at gru.net> wrote:
> I'm installing Xvid 1.0.2 in wine and this is the error I receive. This
> aborts the installation. What could be causing this?
>
> I don't see a log file in /var for wine or else Iw ould post it, If there
> is any file that I should post to help diagnose this please let me know!
>
> Thanks!

James Hawkins