[Wine]DLL question - deadbeef

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Tue Oct 26 06:59:20 CDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    When installing another program from the same company (Native
> INstruments) I start running into some sort of bail out, I guess, where
> Wine starts using 'deadbeef' to show a problem. Is this what's
> happening?
>
>    Am I to assume that the path to fixing this is to find a copy of
> MSVCRT.dll somewhere? Does it matter which version of Windows? In
> varying degrees I have Win XP Pro, Win XP Home and Win ME. This program
> runs today on the Win ME machine. Should I look for the dll there first?

guess yes, it should be Win ME to start looking for.

> err:module:import_dll No implementation for MSVCRT.dll.__lc_collate_cp imported from L"C:\\windows\\system\\MSVCP60.DLL", setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for MSVCRT.dll.__lc_collate_cp imported from L"C:\\windows\\system\\MSVCP60.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:module:import_dll Library WKWIN32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Reaktor\\DXi\\ReaktorSessionDXi.dll") not found

this tells, the implementation of MSVCRT.DLL is incomplete/not suitable
for use with MSVCP60.DLL (there are some code-page collation related
function missing).  I guess this can only be the case when using built-in
version of MSVCRT, not the native one.

an ideal case would be to use MSVCRT and MSVCP60 dlls comming from the
same place.  however, it doesn't mean for me this definitely will work.

> I see MSVCRT Again, along with WKWIN32.dll. I'm wondering if I'm
> totally dead on this one. The following page makes it look like some
> sort of prtection scheme?
>
> http://wibu.com/us/faq_inst.php

yeah, sounds like it (the protection system) will hardly going to work.
but you will never know.

first, try getting this pair of native dlls and set Wine to load the
MSVCRT and MSVCP60 as native.  you will see if the situation changes.