[Wine]"Pipe-read" error running Dev-C++ in Wine

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 27 18:18:01 CDT 2004

Hi all -
  I've come across an error while trying to run Dev-C++ (version 4.9.9.0) in
Wine (Wine version 20041019). I'm running Mepis Linux, kernel version 2.6.4.
  I get an error window popping up which says "Pipe read error - could not
execute file".  ( I've logged this error in the bugs area on SourceForge (bug
1052914) , and a screen-dump of the error (and the program which produced it)
is included with that bug-filing.
  With the very simple "hello world" program that gave this error, I did
actually get an executable that ran.  However, I then tried to compile a much
more complex program, and that program gave the same error, but did not
produce an executable.
  So, just wondering if anyone may have any tips / ideas on this?  I'd *love*
to be able to run Dev-C++ on Wine, as I find the other IDEs on Linux
(KDevelop etc) a bit intimidating....
  Many thanks in advance!
 - Andy