[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Shachar Shemesh wine-user at shemesh.biz
Wed Oct 27 08:26:58 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hi,
>   I'm debugging  an audio problem that started sometime post
>wine-20040505. That release works fine, but running under
>wine-20040615 the program fails. Looking at the Changelog for 0615 it
>says that 'lots of audio bugs were fixed'. Probably true, but it looks
>like one was created.
>
>   So, how can I download Wine for a specific date? Say wine-20040525.
>I tried to figure out these CVS commands but it isn't working.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

First pull out from CVS any version at all. Instructions at
cvs.winehq.org. This is typically done using:
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.org:/home/wine login
(password is cvs)
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.org:/home/wine co wine
This will create a directory called "wine" in which the sources are
extracted. You don't have to wait until they are all extracted. It's
just important to get the directory out so that the CVS root is set
correctly.

Next, go to the newly created directory. Run "cvs up -Pd -D
20-may-2004". Compile. Test. If it's working, split the difference
between 20-may and 15-jun and try again. If not, split the difference
between 20-may and 5-may and try again. Repeat until you find what patch
broke your program.

You are also invited to read
http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression for another
perspective.