[Wine]Re: "Severe - Unable to create a directory under ..."

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:09:15 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I've done the step "WINEDEBUG=file wine program &> wine.log" which produces:

> trace:file:DeleteFileW L"C:\\Program Files\\GSampler\\DeIsL1.isu"
> trace:file:CreateFileW L"C:\\Program Files\\GSampler\\DeIsL1.isu"
> GENERIC_READ GENERIC_WRITE FILE_SHARE_READ FILE_SHARE_WRITE
> FILE_SHARE_DELETE OPEN_EXISTING attributes 0x4000000
> warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to create file L"C:\\Program
> Files\\GSampler\\DeIsL1.isu" (status c000003a)
> trace:file:CreateFileW returning 0xffffffff

Hmmm... Well, the program appears to delete a file, and then tries to
open it (OPEN_EXISTING) and fails. That would be expected. This may not
be what generated the error message, though. The way to determine that
for sure would be to include the relay trace, which should have
somewhere in it the message "Severe - Unable to create a directory
under". I don't really see anything in this trace that points to the
problem.

> No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MIDIMAP.DRV' (0xb7130000)
> Unhandled exception: page fault in 16-bit code (11df:4547).
> In 16-bit mode.
> 0x11df:0x4547: lesw0xfffffffa(%bp),%bx
> Wine-dbg>fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
>
> Wine-dbg>
> Wine-dbg>exit
> syntax error
> Wine-dbg>quit
> WineDbg terminated on pid 12
> flash cdrom $
>

> I'm curious - Is the last DLL - MIDIMAP.DRV - and the 'Unhandled
> exception: page fault' related or is the page fault the error on it's
> own?

No, the exception is separate from MIDIMAP. You might be able to get a
clue to where it crashed by typing "bt" at the wine-dbg prompt, which
generates a backtrace. That would be useful to know, if it produces
meaningful output (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't). That would
be very useful to post here.

So, when you enable file tracing, the program crashes, but otherwise it
does not crash?